Wednesday, February 20, 2008

UNREQUITED

the poetry of a person
found in the depths of a kiss and affection
with breaths of life
put into every moment spent wishing
that this love was
"unconditional"
because for every beat of the heart
a song is played
for every person
a ballad is made
though words to the song are never spoken
the beats per minute
the spindle woven
and at times it tends to skip a beat
love's the same

rewind
fast forward
and repeat
every person has a song that verses arent written for
yet so little people listen for the beat
cause they're too busy looking for the lyrical
here it goes
my hearts poured out onto the floor

and we could dance to the tune
cause this is love UNCONDITIONAL

unconditionally, lovingly, hatefully
despising the words that don't come out
when the reprise comes up and the bridge fades out
and I feel as though I'm not worth this moment at all
cause i could pain myself trying to let you hear my song
yet so many songs are played for you
with mishappened beats
and a cliched word or two
rhyming love with above
and baby i'll be your lady
and Ill love you forever and a day..(maybe)
bump-ba-bump
my steady beat plays
and that's all I have

a beat

that only your face
your touch your love
activates to play
it races
it paces
and it's fine tuned to the the smile that creeps across your face
I'm so hazy cause my feelings aren't clairvoyant
so my heart grows weary from an empty audience
clap for a lonely entertainer
smile at her meek behaivior
tell her to be the listener
and not the player
acknowledge that you think you know something that might help her
words of advice or empathetic whispers
and still just a beat is played
and nothing is heard
fighting to find the right words

0 comments: