Wednesday, February 20, 2008

crush

crumpled up papers (done)

Spent too much time
Ive procrastinated enough to say
love
gave him a number and told him to wait

i wasnt ready


see i took pens and papers
lines and staplers
trying to write a composition worth
handing to you in a form of a note
pass it to you
like we used to in highschool
hope, you would find it cute
and pass it back
circle the yes
under the question
Do you like me yet?

except I let myself put that note in my back pocket with a rocket
my friend once told me could lift up my conscience

but like the note it never left the ground


paper never made so much sound
i never felt so much doubt
crumpled up hearts
never sounded so loud
paragraphs never covered more ground

small pieces are left
wind swept
meant to never be found

but then

oh love
do you complete it
piecing paper and glue
managing to save it

read it
repeat it
make paper hearts beat

and
make written word
speak

press papers against your chest

cease and regress

on how i took the words out my mouth and put it on a pad
stuffed it in my pocket and gave up on what i had

ripped it into pieces
to spread across the land
to have you re-piece it
and place it in your hand

so that you can read it
and tell me you said yes



yes......

my conscience rocket launched

"One small step for man......"

0 comments: